– Graduating from BSc!
– Learn PHP, MySQL, AJAX, RoR etc.
– Finish the 3 websites currently started.
– Create a mobile app
– Look for jobs & apply
– Use cool stuff I learned in practice
– Write, write, write! 12 complete songs minimum.
– Work on 5-10 covers
– Band practice every week/ learn to co-write
– Sell out CMAWG CDs already!
– Finish my website so people can buy stuff
– Improve vocal technique/ control (vibrato, breathing, mix)
– Learn new piano techniques
– Learn new guitar techniques
– Diversify (and update) my music collection with 50 new artists of various genres (I swear Evanescence is a new band :P)
– Book shows in summer and play at least 10 shows.
– Find developer to partner with
– Continue the work in progress 🙂
– Eat more healthy
– Get sick less often!!!!!! (And not end up in hospital)
– Stay away from psychos who have issues or want to kill themselves. No jokes.
– Be less “anti-social”, building more confidence in certain areas
– Improve conflict resolution/ negotiation skills (believe me, there is ALWAYS room for improvement in this area because it’s like the jungle!)
– Keep in touch better and more often with the ones I love and am so grateful for.
– Cardio workout 1-2 times a week
– Dance class
– Be more productive
– Try something new (skiing, snowboarding, rock climbing, new language)
– Be less sarcastic and/or irritable when stressed
– Be more organized
– Figure out my pre-mid-life crisis triggered by imminent graduation 🙂
– Get the driver’s license. Seriously.
1. Finally make my website
2. Write and record new demos
3. Write a mobile app (postponed to 2012!)
4. Sell more Change Me As We Go CDs through live gigging (postponed to 2012!)
5. Play more shows than 2010 (postponed to 2012!)
6. Go to more open mics (postponed to 2012!)
7. Do more vocal exercises and improve technique
8. Learn a classical piano piece (postponed to 2012!)
9. Learn new guitar techniques (postponed to 2012!)
10. Contribute more to the community than 2010, which was not bad to start with 🙂 (epic fail)
11. Make a difference in someone’s life 12. Figure out what I want to do after graduation in 2012 (figured what I WANT to do, not what I WILL do) 13. Be more efficient than in 2010
14. Be more active.
Take up dance again! Or sports
Write more and better and daily
16. Read all these books on my shelf! (lowered priority, but I did read my textbooks more! :-D)
17. Work on 2 major side projects in programming 18. Remember more people’s birthdays 19. Figure out something with my current gear 20. Come up with as many ideas as possible for songs, scripts, businesses
21. Finally get my freakin business cards? (lowered priority)
22. Discover 25 new artists from different genres 23. Cook more and eat healthier
24. Find collaborators in music and CS
25. Catch up on those movies that apparently I should’ve watched 🙂 (lowered priority)
26. Get my Canadian driver’s license (postponed to 2012!)
27. Update my youtube and myspace accounts and video infos
28. Post more videos on youtube
29. Work on my mailing list (lowered priority)
30. Brush up my French and maybe learn a bit of Mandarin
A bit more than half accomplished. I have to admit, better than expected lol. But the question is… Had I NOT had to undergo open heart surgery, would I have accomplished more? I think I definitely could have played more music over the summer if it wasn’t hell to carry a guitar or something. And the driver’s license… That was just laziness 😦 But definitely, one thing on my list for 2012 will be GET SICK LESS OFTEN DAMNIT!
How did your year turn out?